A World of Opportunity 



It is essential that you ensure that your visa is current. Failure to keep visas up to date could result in you being sent home.


It is a condition of the student’s visa that health cover be maintained with Medibank Private. The school can assist in these arrangements for you, but it is essential that fees are paid on time to ensure that your health cover is renewed.

Attendance at classes

Visa-holding students must attend at least 80% of the classes during scheduled contact hours at their place of study. DIAC will review and cancel the visa if there is evidence that the student has not attended 80% of the classes during scheduled contact hours. Kormilda College monitors attendance and is required to submit regular reports to DIAC on students who do not meet attendance requirements.


Accommodation and guardianship arrangements for students less than 18 years of age must be approved by Kormilda College. Students aged over 18 who wish to live independently must have parental approval and accommodation must be inspected and approved by an officer from the NT Department of Education and Children's Services.

Change of Address

Students must advise Kormilda College of details of their place of residence within seven days of arriving in Australia and of any change of address thereafter, also within seven days.

Work Rights

Student visa-holders must not engage in work for more than 40 hours per fortnight during the school term. Mandatory cancellation of visas applies for those students who breach this visa condition. DIAC are monitoring this closely – NO WARNINGS – NO SECOND CHANCES – visas will be cancelled if students are found to be working more than 40 hours per fortnight. You must apply to DIAC for permission to work.

Change of Provider

A student can transfer to a different education provider after he or she has completed 6 months at Kormilda College. 

Grievance procedures for international students

Every effort should be made to resolve any difficulty at the school level. Any International Student with a grievance about their schooling should try and resolve the difficulty utilising the following methods.

Following the Student Grievance Procedures the student should discuss the problem with their Tutor Group Teacher, Housemaster/mistress, or the Student Counsellor. The student may meet with the school if further action is needed and the student's parents will be contacted using an interpreter if necessary.

If the matter has not been resolved at a school level and all school-based avenues are exhausted, the student can access an external complaint and appeals process. To complain or appeal this decision externally, contact the Overseas Students Ombudsman. The Overseas Students Ombudsman is free and independent. Go to www.oso.gov.au or telephone 1300 362 072.

A student will be encouraged to have a friend or relative to assist at any time during the grievance procedure.

Kormilda College is an Anglican and Uniting Church College.
© Kormilda College CRICOS 00971D

seqtacisimage 03 image 02 youtube Instagram