Kormilda College offers an affordable independent Christian education to more than 650 students from Transition to Year 12. Kormilda has one of the highest Indigenous secondary student populations of any school in Australia. As an Anglican and Uniting Church day and residential secondary college, we seek qualified, caring and dedicated academic, boarding and support staff that understand and support our mission and Christian ethos.
The College is noted for its support of staff and strives to be an Employer of Choice.
- Breadth of curriculum – IB Middle Years Program; International Baccalaureate Diploma, Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training, Vocational Education and Training, Literary and Numeracy programs.
- Rich, culturally diverse student population.
- Outstanding results across the whole spectrum of academic ability.
- Full week of Professional Learning for staff in September (Week 10, Term 3).
- Generous personal leave entitlements.
- Clearly defined pathways to progress careers and professional development.
- Current EBA 2015-2018
- Attractive salary scales including recognition for excellence in teaching practice.
- Generous support for relocation to the Northern Territory.
- Assistance provided to undertake further study (Study Assistance).
- Sport programs that lead to opportunities to coach at State and National level.
- Extensive Outdoor Education/Duke of Edinburgh program that provides opportunities to travel to remote, pristine wilderness areas in Northern Australia.
- Strong Performing Arts and Visual Arts programs, major Performing Arts productions.
- Extensive co-curricular programs.
- Fully managed turf cricket ground.
- Modern extensive campus. Facilities second to none among Northern Territory secondary schools.
Kormilda College welcomes enquiries from people who wish to be a part of a young dynamic team at the cutting edge of pedagogical development and implementation. Any person applying for a teaching position at the College must be eligible to qualify for registration with the Northern Territory Teacher Registration Board www.trb.nt.gov.au and have the ability to obtain a Working With Children card and national police clearance.
For more information about positions vacant, please contact: HR@kormilda.nt.edu.au